Early cabbage is a great early summer delicacy you don’t want to skip.
Simple, yet super delicious everyday food is prepared quickly by frying minced meat, early cabbage and fennel in a pan. Add some marjoram and you’re ready to enjoy some honest Finnish food which rocks!
Early cabbage, ground beef & fennel stir-fry
- coconut oil (or animal fat) for sautéing
- ~ 400 g of minced meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized early cabbage sliced
- 1 medium-sized fennel sliced
- dried marjoram (or Italian spice blend) for seasoning
- salt and crushed black pepper for seasoning
- (~ 1 dl coconut milk + water for creamy stri-fry)
- Prepare vegetables – chop onion, slice cabbage and fennel.
- Sauté the onion in coconut oil in a pan. Add minced meat to the onion. Brown, season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add some more coconut oil to the pan. Sauté the fennel until almost cooked. Add the cabbage and continue to sauté until the cabbage is “translucent” and suitably soft. Season with marjoram, some salt and black pepper.
- Return the minced meat-onion mixture to the pan with the cabbage and fennel. Stir. Check the taste, add spices if necessary.
💡 Try a creamy cabbage-ground beef stir-fry by adding coconut milk to the finished pan. Works especially well in the reheated version the next day.
ℹ️ Not following autoimmune protocol? Replace the coconut oil with butter or other suitable frying fat and the coconut milk with cow cream.
ℹ️ Cabbage-ground beef stir-fry is traditionally served with some lingonberry jam. Feel free to try, if your diet allows.