Are you looking for quick and easy everyday food full of flavor? The answer can be found in Moroccan flavored ground beef pan.
The ease and quickness of the pan lies not only in everyday minced meat but also in ready-made cauliflower rice and grated carrots. The taste comes from a Moroccan spice blend as well as a lemony yogurt dressing.
Moroccan flavored ground beef pan with cauliflower
3 – 4 portions
Ground beef pan
- clarified butter or other fat / oil for sautéing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g of minced meat
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 carrots, coarsely grated
- 300 g of ready cauliflower rice (or whole cut and grated)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and crushed black pepper
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½-1 tsp chili flakes
- (pinch of cayenne pepper)
Lemony yogurt dressing
- 3 dl Greek yogurt
- Juice of half lemon
- Peel of half lemon, grated
- 1 tsp runny honey
- ~½ tsp of salt
- black pepper crushed
- roasted almond flakes
- raisins or soft dried apricots
- lemony yogurt dressing (recipe above)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare yogurt dressing by mixing all ingredients well together. Leave in refrigerator to season.
- Prepare the spice mixture by measuring all the spices in a small container or plate.
- Prepare vegetables. Chop the onion, peel the garlic and grate the carrots coarsely. If using whole cauliflower, grate into crumbs or cut into chunks and mince in a blender by pulsing.
- Start making the pan by sautéing the spice blend in gheet in a large pan or casserole, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and continue to sauté.
- Add minced meat. Brown. Add minced garlic cloves. Continue cooking for a while. Season with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Add the grated carrot. Allow to cook for a while stirring, before adding cauliflower rice. Cook for ~ 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check the taste. Add salt and / or other spices if necessary.
- Take the pan off the stove and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemony yogurt dressing, roasted almond flakes, raisins or dried apricots and chopped parsley.
💡 If you want to get even easier and faster, then replace the spice mixture with the ready-made ras el hanout spice mix.
💡 Need some heat? Add a touch of cayenne pepper.
💡 A more exotic pan? Replace parsley with fresh mint or cilantro.
ℹ️ A strict paleo or dairy-free diet? Replace Greek yogurt with coconut yogurt or leave yoghurt dressing out and squeeze some lemon juice on top.